Lawrence S. Pertillar
Smeared With Mud And Smelling Of Fried Chicken
No one clearly appearing from out of the 'blue'...
Smeared with mud and smelling of fried chicken,
Can proclaim an innocence,
Of not being involved in a brawl...
At a backyard bar-b-cue.
To then wish to validate their innocence by saying...
They just arrived from a trip they took to remoted islands.
And they have come to report a case of stolen luggage.
Something in this explanation sounds a bit fishy.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smeared With Mud And Smelling Of Fried Chicken by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston