Lawrence S. Pertillar
Smeared With Mud And Smelling Of Fried Chicken
No one clearly appearing from out of the 'blue'...
Smeared with mud and smelling of fried chicken,
Can proclaim an innocence,
Of not being involved in a brawl...
At a backyard bar-b-cue.
To then wish to validate their innocence by saying...
They just arrived from a trip they took to remoted islands.
And they have come to report a case of stolen luggage.
Something in this explanation sounds a bit fishy.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smeared With Mud And Smelling Of Fried Chicken by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 1, Brian Johnston
- UGLY MISSILES ARE STILL TARGETTING INNOC.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Roost, David Harris
- Tel Aviv on Amphetamines, Guy Shaked
- Tears Flow, Seinu Abdulgafar
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones
- The Man Who Chased The Moon, Tanja Bulovic