Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
And smearing one's name.
To gain and claim a personal fame...
Does not undo the shame of it.
Nor correct the affects that exists.
Arguments between classes,
To produce an opinion from the masses...
Is a fact of life,
For those who cling onto deceit and spite.
And delivers to the innocent,
Actions done without defense.
Whether edited to correct or not...
A suffering is experienced,
At one's expense to be expected not to stop.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.