Smile because it’s contagious
Smile because it’s healing
Smile because it makes people wonder
What you’re thinking.
Smile innocently to hide the guilt
Smile mischievously to make others skeptic.
Smile lovingly to butter up the retaliator
Smile dreamingly to make others lovesick.
Smile because it’s raining
Smile because you’re tickled.
Smile because you’re happy
Smile because you’re idle.
Smile affectionately to show your love
Smile smugly as you’ve done your work.
Smile pleadingly to get what you want
Smile forgivingly to pardon the jerk.
Smile because you’re confused
Smile because you’re lost without a plan.
Smile because you want to
And smile just because you can!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile by Kaity Larkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No number, gajanan mishra
- We Are Tourist, Aftab Alam
- Two Baldy Ladies, Neela Nath
- The Painter Rearranges the Mirrors (1415), Cole Swensen
- OUR STREETS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Evolution of the Garden, Cole Swensen
- Dr Dalek, Stratis Havarti
- No legal bar, gajanan mishra
- Make believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Informed World, Tirupathi Chandrupatla