Smile because it’s contagious
Smile because it’s healing
Smile because it makes people wonder
What you’re thinking.
Smile innocently to hide the guilt
Smile mischievously to make others skeptic.
Smile lovingly to butter up the retaliator
Smile dreamingly to make others lovesick.
Smile because it’s raining
Smile because you’re tickled.
Smile because you’re happy
Smile because you’re idle.
Smile affectionately to show your love
Smile smugly as you’ve done your work.
Smile pleadingly to get what you want
Smile forgivingly to pardon the jerk.
Smile because you’re confused
Smile because you’re lost without a plan.
Smile because you want to
And smile just because you can!
Kaity Larkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile by Kaity Larkin )
- Verbal Calisthenics, Sylvia Plath
- RESPECT ISN'T FOR BODY SIZE., Changez Ndzai
- The Goring, Sylvia Plath
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath
- Event, Sylvia Plath
- To Eva Descending The Stair, Sylvia Plath
- Fate's Decisions, Tex T Sarnie
- My Body, Tammy Sue Moore
- Aiming High, Tex T Sarnie