Look at this smile,
I'm as happy as can be,
Finally starting to forget about you and me.
No more pot-shots to my ego,
One last knife still stuck in my back,
My self-esteem is something I no longer lack.
You would build me up,
Only to tear me down,
But lo and behold I'm still around.
This grin on my face,
It's for all of your mistakes,
Knowing one day you will realize you're just a snake.
When that day comes,
I will only be laughing,
Watching as you try to keep your boat from capsizing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile by Leigh Ladd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To you there's an amazing kind of grace .., Gert Strydom
- wailay da peer, maqsood hasni
- wand da chanun, maqsood hasni
- This Is What You Do To Men, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Sennacherib, Gert Strydom
- waqt kaisa inqlaab laya hai, maqsood hasni