Look at this smile,
I'm as happy as can be,
Finally starting to forget about you and me.
No more pot-shots to my ego,
One last knife still stuck in my back,
My self-esteem is something I no longer lack.
You would build me up,
Only to tear me down,
But lo and behold I'm still around.
This grin on my face,
It's for all of your mistakes,
Knowing one day you will realize you're just a snake.
When that day comes,
I will only be laughing,
Watching as you try to keep your boat from capsizing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile by Leigh Ladd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon