Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
Snow wedding in jo'burg
No! Radio wedding in Jo'burg on a snowy day
There is a snow in Jo'burg
And there is love in the air
A silent heart to heart conversation in a studio
no one can hear it except lovers
Love have found its place in their hearts
And there is happiness in their faces
Wedding takes years and months to plan
Yours done and planned in three hours
A dress, pastor and flowers
Sending invitation cards didn't happen
People just came, who can remain out
When every body wants to witness the 'Miracle wedding'
Wedding in the radio on snowy day!
Jo'burg stood still and listened
Out there snow is showering the city
City cleaning her eyes to witness.
The city is wearing a white blanket like a bride
In here the bride is wearing a white dress like a snow
And the groom is showing us his white teeth
All is white! This wedding is holy
But weddings take place in halls or private lodges
Yours took place in a radio studio
Decoration on its take three hours
The oaths, vows and pledges in our mist
Vows are flying like birds
Monique and Rui? 'I therefore pronounce you husband and wife'
A couple not single, live together like Dove.
Born as a couple. Couple born like doves
All done, well done Martin and the team
Your show is what grass is, to animals!
All done and well done Jacaranda FM
You are the best and you are still the best
Like a water to a fish
Jacques Sprenkie Mateya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Snow wedding in jo'burg by Jacques Sprenkie Mateya )
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols