It’s comic how Nike, Adidas both need us,
and with their advertisements publicly greet us;
if one shoe should dropp will the other one fit us?
We’ll find out when players all dance like St. Vitus––
I hate that no pedants are out there to bite us
since we’re mispronouncing the saint known as Vitus––
attempting to be the world champions in soccer,
inspired by Nike-Adidas’ footlocker,
decision on which boot to wear refereed
not by refs no one trusts but by corporate greed.
While some like Adidas, some others like Nike,
great issue fo people whose feet are their psyche,
condition occurring to those off their rocker.
Was Socrates daemon devoted to soccer?
gershon hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (socrates' daemon by gershon hepner )
- Everything extraordinary, gajanan mishra
- Without Tear, Neela Nath
- Dogs and cats, gajanan mishra
- Vicious circle, Jole Hans
- Get your body and mind back, O men, gajanan mishra
- Angst, Jole Hans
- I Will..., ging taping
- Another Reaser Christmas!, Sharilynn Dawn Reaser
- A dogs life, michael hagwood
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss