Sonnet for inconsistency
There lies a real imbalance barely seen
With destruction and creation unclean,
The energy between has no connect
Proportions physics truely disrespect.
A child will take nine months to grow and thrive
But in an instant it can fail and die,
A house may take a year til lock up stage,
But a home by fire quickly can be razed.
Forests will toil millennia to grow,
But by machines of man in days will go,
Cultures will develop over aeons
But by invaders hands will soon be gone.
There lies herein a disconnect most real,
Or one detached from physics, that we feel.
Danny Draper 1/6/2014
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sonnet for inconsistency by Danny Draper )
- The call to shine, Adele Bercich
- MIRROR MIRROR, shannon strauss
- The Time of Nectar, Pintu Mahakul
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss