SORRY, WRONG NUMBER
Those handy little Cell phones have changed
They do things now that can enthrall.
They play music, games and take pictures too
They can even make a phone call.
And if voice mail is not enough
You can type a text that‘s wordy
By using the little keyboard
That’s much too small but QWERTY.
With all of the things Cell phones can do
There’s just one thing I am berating.
It is what this little device has done,
For the wonderful word of dating.
When on a first time dinner date
And her Cell phone rings
It can be a harbinger
Of what the future brings.
Depending on her reaction
You’ll soon find out your fate.
Whether it will be an early evening
Or you’ll be getting home very late.
This is a human application
That can cause one to burn.
But, better than going to the ladies room
With her never to return.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SORRY, WRONG NUMBER by Edward Iacona )
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
- Right Now, Michael McParland
- Little Mosque, Mohja Kahf
- The creative grit.., Laxman Rao
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)