Speak says the eagle
and the screeches in the caverns
shatter the rocks.
Blow say the branches
and the breezes turn into winds
and the streets and parks are littered
with the early ravages of springs promises.
Shed says the sky
and the clouds puff up and darken
They light up the world
and belch down in thunderous deluge
and the rivers rage!
Push says the helpmate
and the push is strong and a human is born
startling the quiet in shattering birth cry.
Silence! I cry, Silence!
I cover my ears and scream and scream Silence!
and no one listens.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Speak by Famida Basheer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I Meditate On..., John Ugolo Umah