Speak says the eagle
and the screeches in the caverns
shatter the rocks.
Blow say the branches
and the breezes turn into winds
and the streets and parks are littered
with the early ravages of springs promises.
Shed says the sky
and the clouds puff up and darken
They light up the world
and belch down in thunderous deluge
and the rivers rage!
Push says the helpmate
and the push is strong and a human is born
startling the quiet in shattering birth cry.
Silence! I cry, Silence!
I cover my ears and scream and scream Silence!
and no one listens.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Speak by Famida Basheer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Musing on The March To Life 2015...(Grap.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Paradise Found 2, Paul Butters
- Phyllis, Kim Barney
- Twilight, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Writer's Block, Paul Butters
- Johnny Giles (Clerihew), Paul Butters
- Vapour Trail Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- Carrot/Stick Solution, Ima Ryma
- electrification, oskar hansen
- Love And Respect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak