Speck of dust
In this universe of life.
Questions I ask, don't get answered.
Thoughts come across, kinda wished they didn't.
People come into my presence, i don't want to stop.
My foot on the accelerator, speeding away from love.
Spent too much time thinking.
Not stopped to do any living.
Got too old before my time.
Regrets in my mental scrapbook, kept.
Laughed not, never smiled just wept.
Just want to fly away, start again.
Tried sailing away but that ship sank.
Just what is my purpose, i wonder daily.
I but a speck of dust.
I am but a speck of dust.
Ibrar Siddiqi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Speck of dust by Ibrar Siddiqi )
- KP You Are Divine To Me, Michael McParland
- lover boy, michael crowley
- Pinkish lips, Nassy Fesharaki
- The heiress to my poetry...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Black Autism in America (B.A. in America), Lisa Rhodes
- Pond Frond, Saiom Shriver
- Gouden Carolus, my whiskey flat, Havilah
- To pave the way, Alexandra Motschmann
- Still to be Neat, Ben Jonson
- You Need To Read This, michael crowley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)