Stalactite Column after Ogden Nash - The Termite
When stalactite meets stalagmite
falls, rising, to and from great height,
as stalag tight wight might dry in,
that's why kreig spieleologists die thin.
What starts as drip through seasons' fall
as seasons rise, rise too, withal,
top leak greets bottom, sweats stone lime,
shows why extremes must meet in time.
As silent witness fall and climb
record vicissitudes of clime,
that's how all ages freeze hoar rime,
like tree ring pages' frieze sublime.
Thus what as CO2 solution
begins, spins solid revolution,
from liquid sets with Gorgon strength
medusing through both breadth and length.
That's why amusing column ends
with stony stage rhyme's lines suspends.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Stalactite Column after Ogden Nash - The Termite by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak