For thousands of years many believe
And hold fast to their opinion
That the twelve star signs rule our lives
And hold us within their dominion.
Through complicated calculations
Shiny points of night light above
Reveal our traits and future lives
And can tell us who we should love.
We can wonder if we’re compatible.
That is an astrologer’s task.
And, as many things in life,
It depends how and whom you ask.
Some will say 'Yes.' and some 'No.'
Or, “If there’s effort and really tries.”
But my astral guide to love is only this,
The stars in each others eyes.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Star Crossed by Edward Iacona )
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
- A Sunny Day, Deborah Eker
- A Rainy Day, Deborah Eker
- The Rabbit With The Habit, Deborah Eker
- The Cat Who Chases His Tail, Deborah Eker
- Mind Unfurling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Illusion, Myrtle Thomas
- Reverse, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)