For thousands of years many believe
And hold fast to their opinion
That the twelve star signs rule our lives
And hold us within their dominion.
Through complicated calculations
Shiny points of night light above
Reveal our traits and future lives
And can tell us who we should love.
We can wonder if we’re compatible.
That is an astrologer’s task.
And, as many things in life,
It depends how and whom you ask.
Some will say 'Yes.' and some 'No.'
Or, “If there’s effort and really tries.”
But my astral guide to love is only this,
The stars in each others eyes.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Star Crossed by Edward Iacona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Elephant - best creature, gajanan mishra
- Burning Ashes of Moon, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Autumn Leaf, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Lonely Flower, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Oh Soldiers, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- My Freedom Song, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- two way life, Somanathan Iyer
- Playing Your Words, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Shooting and Terrorism, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Wish and desire, Somanathan Iyer