Benjamin K Duncan
Staring into the eyes
of hatred itself,
On ugly pavement.
As big as possible
To fend off he.
On days unlike today,
a hideous blasphemy.
No sense in anger.
On the Roofs of other galaxies,
Attenuated to the harmonies.
An impossible target,
A skilled marksman would miss.
A fluke of vagary
An opportune hobo,
For a minute.
Set yourself against another;
Pick a foe.
For now is the battle for your life,
Only you can help yourself.
Rise like bread to the boil,
In a yeasty consistency,
You will bagel.
Victory tastes like defeat.
There are a million more battles,
Winning is ephemeral.
You are the sometimes victor.
Benjamin K Duncan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Staring Victor by Benjamin K Duncan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass
- The fog......., Marshall Gass