Started With A Kiss
I kissed the nervousness away
Assured myself of a win,
Asserted, grounded myself.
Tested the depth of emotion,
Enjoyed the rhythmic twitch.
I kissed - Deal!
Consumed and blinded us,
We learnt each other's lips
Gestures, faces, moods.
Walked the lovers strole,
Danced to happiness,
Sung lovers' tunes.
Lovers we are.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Started With A Kiss by nkosana Mpofu )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Taxidermy, Lawrence Beck
- My life as a small boat, Mark Heathcote
- I wish I was Blind, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Saint Michael, Saiom Shriver
- Reflections on Divorce, Phil Soar
- Mute Swan, Phil Soar
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent
- The Fly, Phil Soar
- Story Of Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak