Stevie Taite (30th January 1973 / Kent, England)
S ilence did haunt the delivery room
T ortured by labour forlorn
I nfant lay lifeless in saddening gloom
L imp but so perfectly formed
L ife was not meant to inhabit their girl
B arren, the pain mum endured
O nly the sobs of the dad split the still
R ipped, by what must be inured
(N ine months to make death? cruel's the word)
Poet Other Poems
- A Lesson On Poetry From My Five Year Old
- A Quiet Side Street
- A to Z of A body completing demanding ex...
- A to Z of less able exerciser!
- A Writers' Zen
- Affliction or Blessing?
- Angels fall
- Another limerick about the limerick mast...
- Answered in dreams (a bit saucy)
- Autumn 's waking mutants!
- Before A*
- Behold The Flower Of The Waterlily
- Black and Gold
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.