I hate to think that I'm protected
Because I'll blame someone for my misfortune.
I hate to think that I'm neat
When I have cobwebs in my room.
I hate to think that all is well
Because Life is not a dream.
I hate to think that I'm loved
When I'm in want and need.
I hate to think that I'm perfect
I'm a fallible being.
I hate to think that I'm a celeb
Only because I's seen on the screen.
I hate to think that I make it rain
Because I'm actually the rain that falls.
I can say yes! To making it thunder
Because it happens after it rains.
I hate to think about sin
Because I'm lured to it the more I think.
I hate to think that I'm safe
It's a cold world and anything can happen.
I hate to be unfair to people
Because God sees us all as equal.
I hate to think that I'm a sinner
Because through Christ, God has made me righteous.
I hate being obsessed with my sensory perceptions
Because they really don't exist.
I hate the ways of man
Because they are vanity.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stinking Thinking by Freewill Amon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Every Time I Kiss You, Nizar Qabbani
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra
- Art or no art, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizoenen kwijt, Madrason writer
- Mighty Ocean, Zoila T. Flores
- Words left unsaid, Yisel Chong
- Poetical Journey Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Openly kicked, hasmukh amathalal
- No plight, hasmukh amathalal
- A language has its, gajanan mishra