I hate to think that I'm protected
Because I'll blame someone for my misfortune.
I hate to think that I'm neat
When I have cobwebs in my room.
I hate to think that all is well
Because Life is not a dream.
I hate to think that I'm loved
When I'm in want and need.
I hate to think that I'm perfect
I'm a fallible being.
I hate to think that I'm a celeb
Only because I's seen on the screen.
I hate to think that I make it rain
Because I'm actually the rain that falls.
I can say yes! To making it thunder
Because it happens after it rains.
I hate to think about sin
Because I'm lured to it the more I think.
I hate to think that I'm safe
It's a cold world and anything can happen.
I hate to be unfair to people
Because God sees us all as equal.
I hate to think that I'm a sinner
Because through Christ, God has made me righteous.
I hate being obsessed with my sensory perceptions
Because they really don't exist.
I hate the ways of man
Because they are vanity.
Freewill Amon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stinking Thinking by Freewill Amon )
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam