If you're down to your last chance
Take it to the street and dance.
Backed by a lone heartbeat
Let the rhythm move your feet.
Let it pump through your veins.
Long lost strength
You will regain.
Whether it's therapy
Just act out your dream.
Life is so unkind
Playing music of your mind
Leaving tears in your slipstream.
All emotions flying blind.
With steps to light the sun again.
Pop and lock
Let it rock
Whether it's ballet modern
Or hip hop.
So go out and kill the pain.
Dance on its grave.
You know you will be saved.
Such pounding release
For that moment of peace.
Then you hear the applause.
No more closing doors.
Or the face of defeat
Paint the old town red.
And leave your blues upon the floor.
When you take it to the street.
Molly and kevin East.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Street Dance by Kevin East )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Halloween!, Ronald Chapman
- CAn bAnDy r0uNd JeW, sEaN nOrTh
- April fool, lee fones
- Half My Life (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- H.G Well's Folly, Ronald Chapman
- Good Dream Or Bad Dream For A Writer? Yo.., Ronald Chapman
- The wave, Tony Adah
- Look me in the eye, Poison kuhn
- The Goat (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- ONE'S LIFE SHARE IN LIFE نصيب الواحد في .., MOHAMMAD SKATI