Mark R Slaughter
Succumbed to Thinking
I hence meandered aimlessly,
Bereft of any thought:
My mind as barren as could be,
Through mulling o’er naught.
But while in cherished moment
As I chilled through drifting air,
An epiphany, bright and suddenly
Did render all so clear.
I stopped and stood in rigid form
And pondered on this thought ‘till dawn:
Flustered state thence settled in
As face grew taught with tensioned skin.
Then out of poor chaotic brain -
Conditioned now to die insane -
A second epiphany struck so keen…
I’d succumbed to thinking – I simply hadn’t seen!
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Succumbed to Thinking by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Hunkered Down With Memories, Lonnie Hicks
- ODESSA. UKRAINE., human woman
- THAT FACE ذلك الوجه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Looking Upon Us, Naveed Akram
- Sweet Valentine, Lara A. Aqrawi
- No Reins, Lauren B Called
- Nothing like IT, george albot