Her rags made her feel imprisoned in an invisible cage.
She was looking nowhere through glasses with glassy eyes
Searching for her leafed tree of reality.
She remembered that she left her ideas
On the blank page of her future.
She became a wet gloomy solitude because of her tears.
Her feelings of love were like songs hidden in an abandoned violin.
Their vibrations were haunting her memories.
Her sadness was so complete
That it completely slipped through her shy smile
To become visible to all the people around.
Her rigged reality was poisoning her hopes
And crowding her thoughts to push them into illusions.
She was a simple child inside her clown body,
A soul so caged wanting to be liberated,
While her delusions were wretchedly dancing her hopes.
She was wondering if somewhere, someone
Was thinking and dreaming of her.
She walked so lonely on her lonely life road
That nothing could change her fate.
She wanted to let her life to float on the losing breeze.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Suicide by Marieta Maglas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Edward Housman
(26 March 1859 – 30 April 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Sweet Tea!, Edward Kofi Louis
- John Masefield - Vagabundo, Paul Abucean
- The Warped Human Minds, rajendran muthiah
- Polished Nail, maria sudibyo
- Bromance In The Air, maria sudibyo
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo