I'm so confused
For a minute I thought I saw the light
I saw a good friendship develop
A friendship I craved for a long time
And I saw a beautiful mouth smiling at me
Now, I start doubting
I doubt the friendship
I doubt the feeling
The sweet mouth is still smiling
And two large blue-green eyes are looking my way
Eyes so beautiful and large that are unreal
Eyes that look like two blue lagoons
And are full of kindness.
This is all so confusing
I think I'm going crazy
I need to put an order in my head
And the alcohol's not helping me
And my sleepless nights mess me up some more.
Am I moving backwards?
I should be moving ahead
I should be advancing
But I feel stagnant
Am I on a spiral?
I feel like I'm running in circles
Could it be I'm spiraling upwards?
Am I making progress?
Is this just a phase?
When will it be over?
Or, is it gonna be over?
I've lost my guidance
And I can't figure it out on my own.
CeCe Lamberts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sunday blues by CeCe Lamberts )
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
- Meaningful Treasures, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Control, Garrett Doff
- Thoughts, Garrett Doff
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)