Rejection and my Inner Paradise
I finally saw him at a party last night
It's been 3 months since he's out of my life
So short, so petit, so old for my taste
yet so heartlessly he had me erased.
He's about eight inches shorter than me
And the shoes I had on had 3-inch heels
We are an odd couple, you have to agree
None of his features match my ideals
He's about twenty years older than me
My god, in my eyes he looked like a giant
I think he is only five foot three
Why did I have to be so compliant?
His Welsh accent was absolutely sexy
His humor and wit were sharp as a razor
I loved his tatoos, his earings and his dog Lexie,
his look that intense and bright as a laser.
I saw him again and I felt it inside
His rejection had hurt me, I had cried and died,
How needy and stupid I'd been I realized
I had him in my head totally idealized
My eyes were searching for him in the room
I wanted to look at him long, to stare
To ask him why he put me in such gloom
How could he do that, how did he dare
I looked in the mirror instead; I looked good!
All men in the party had circled around
Trying to talk to me, to flirt all they could
My shortie was now not making a sound
I decided to stay with the guys and chat
I laughed, I giggled, I was a naughty brat
I drank, I smoked, I danced, I had fun
I was a hun, not a nun, and I liked to pun.
I left the party with a smile on my face
Could it be I was finally setting the pace
for a life so free of this painful rejection?
Maybe I didn't have to ask for affection
My inner paradise was my ultimate protection.
Written on April 29,2007
To a friend who talked to me about my inner paradise.
CeCe Lamberts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rejection and my Inner Paradise by CeCe Lamberts )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...