Super Bugs ........ [department of health warning! ; VERY SHORT; humour/humor]
Super Bugs! Watch out for them; they’re on the prowl.
Antibiotic-resistant, they look at humans and grimly growl.
They’ve evolved due to Mankind’s own antibiotic abuse,
through repeated patient and doctor “under” AND “over” use.
These bacteria have the potential to cause Mankind’s next great plague,
when millions will surrender to Super Bugs, ...... while waving a white flag.
So, please, don't you take antibiotics when not prescribed or needed.
But, IF prescribed, take-as-directed, or good health............ may be defeated.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Super Bugs ........ [department of health warning! ; VERY SHORT; humour/humor] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- As golden, hasmukh amathalal
- Without Warning, With Morning, Lucy Gray
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- We are neighbors, gajanan mishra
- Sonnet: How Cancers Kill!, Dr John Celes
- My love xi, binod bastola
- आंहा उदै बुंजासे आदार गैया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Cutting Edge, Satish Verma
- Will Never Love Nor Marry Unless, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Image of God, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)