Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
With super powers I could win your heart,
Melt your heart with my fiery love and freeze your fear,
Make you forget your worries and evaporate your every tear.
In my safe arms you will know no sorrow, no pain
And hope I hope your sweet love I will gain.
With super powers I could go back in time
And right every wrong,
Bend the fabric of time and make our love last extra long.
With super powers I could read your mind
And all good things you lost I could find.
With super powers I could hear you always in your hour of need,
Be there for you when for someone you yearn and plead.
With super powers I could run faster than the speed of sound
And shatter every barrier by which you are bound.
With super powers I could teleport you to places you have never been,
Take you to places you have never seen.
With super powers I could be your strength in time of weakness and in strife,
Save you from the many perils of life.
With super powers I could fly to any great height,
To by you always do right.
With super powers I could win your heart
But with words I could move it, make it restart.
With nothing but words I could move mountains and more
All this, for you I would do this for.
One thing is for certain; I am powerless and that is true
Except for my words and they are only for you.
Kingsley Olaleye Reuben's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Super Powers by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Writer's Block, Paul Butters
- Johnny Giles (Clerihew), Paul Butters
- Vapour Trail Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- Carrot/Stick Solution, Ima Ryma
- electrification, oskar hansen
- Love And Respect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curtain of Fog, V P Mahur
- Love's Dictum, L. E. O. Gibraltar
- Crow Is Still Thirsty, V P Mahur
- Holding Onto Inner Purposes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak