Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
“Just a poor white man.
Yea that’s what I am.”
Ask passing travellers. Arrogant show
superior. Believe summarized they know.
“I’m (uneducated) poor white trash
they’ll tell you so.” With vipers lash.
He was a rye kinda guy
a wholesome weathered hulk.
Sorta slow kinda shy
mild mannered masculine bulk.
Issued active brain, ailing, imbecile health,
seemed at fundamental, fuddled fault.
Though tower of superlative strength
none could, corrupt or halt.
Pulpy mash. Oatmeal upstairs.
Known locally as an honest old bolt.
Throughout tireless fleeting years.
Puzzlement. Is expression. He wears.
Achievements accepted none was never rich
whole education digging ditch.
Broken, dirt poor, responsibilities none,
sober helpful; kind to everyone.
When danger threatened. Trouble struck.
First he staunchly stood. To oppose oppressive muck.
Subsistence life, only stanchion strong.
Untwisted bear, without doing wrong.
Humanities giant. Stands. Mythically acclaimed.
Above picturesque. Plains. Statue never retarded.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Surface Appearance by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)