Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
A Cup Of Wine Would I Give Thee*
May the sun ever shine
upon your hair
may stardust light your way.
So the glory you enfold
may shine forth like a rainbow
made of elfin coloured gold.
May the wind ever cool your brow
to you of wonders
it has seen on other days.
So you may ever walk
in a fresh tender breeze
while the wind serenades sings
for you among the enchanted trees.
Telling you of stories as wondrous
as tints of Autumn’s falling leaves
yet amazingly diverse
like the springtime flight of bees.
Sacred bees should fly
only to the sweetest
of wild meadow flower,
then seek out far flung blooms
treasures that grace
only secret hidden glades.
In remembrance of starset lovers
in consecrated blessing
of their finest hour.
mixed on nuptial wind
would bring to me
upon your lips
only could it
a cup of honeyed wine
would I give to thee.
Fain would the angels be
when I held that cup to thee.
I would give you wine and song
to bless the startling memory
of first reborn celestial day,
veiled in radiance, you came along.
When you touched my heart
with a love, pure, endures ever lasts.
Took me from cold depths of stone
to a jewel, radiant shines for us alone.
In another world we roam
never more apart
on breath of love
that endures longer
than mere mortal heart.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cup Of Wine Would I Give Thee* by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
- The Other Side, David Harris
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)