Surrender to God’s awesome will, and watch His purpose be fulfilled.
God’s purpose in your life will be, a treasure for you through Eternity.
Surrender is never for the weak, but men who are humble and meek.
For when you surrender to The Lord, you don’t know what’s in store.
When you surrender you don’t lose, as you become one God can use.
Christ will use you in various ways, as The Lord fills out all your days.
A life of surrender is the only door, to properly serve The Living Lord.
Surrender is the required sacrifice, for a life pleasing to Jesus Christ.
Earthly desires throughout the day, simply hinder and get in the way.
But surrender my friend sets aside, earthly plans that would only die.
Christ exchanges all your desires, for a purpose that is much higher.
And a surrendered life for Jesus Christ, continues on into Eternal Life.
If you think you’ll lose out on life, remember what was done by Christ.
Christ put aside all that He was, to endure a cross for sinners like us.
Surrender will indeed alter your plans, as you follow The Son of Man.
But when you do surrender my friend, you join a plan that has no end.
True surrender comes with power, and guides you every day and hour.
And surrender isn’t surrender at all, but a fulfilled life in The Lord of all.
For it’s not my will that will be done, but it is the will of God’s Only Son.
So surrender today to Jesus Christ, and you friend inherit Eternal Life.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Surrender by Bob Gotti )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Controlling The Narrative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Hallucinated, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Livng In Fear To Live Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Dil Jeetney Ki Khatir (Being Inspired By.., Akhtar Jawad
- Hershey, Nero CaroZiv
- Tired 2, Michael P. McParland
- Happiness Returns, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Poetry I Adore, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Monkeys in City, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Emptiness, Marilyn Jean