That day in sweet September.
In the shadow of night fall...
You gave- I took-
I took what you gave,
but knew what it meant...
We brought nothing to each other
We took nothing, but a portion
of each other...
We gave nothing to seal a future hope...
It was not love...
I took you,
and put you away....
Like a collectible,
afraid to break-
to destroy with one slip-
and you didn't mind -not at all...
Safe from a glimmer
Safe from denying,
any reason to seek-
Any more from what I gave...
And also took of you...
September slipped into
decades, buried -pains-
longing for once upon a time...
When life was simple...And you were mine...
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet September by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen