Brittany by the Sea
For the pearl handled brush.
As he reaches behind her,
Pulling pins from her hair...
And softly caresses
Each lock as it falls.
The burnish red glow,
tells him soundly,
His lady is fair...
Up in the tower,
With no ear to hear,
This moment will shed no tears.
The future holds no promise.
Always stands before us.
Yet for this moment,
Is their eternity.
As the waves thrash the shore,
The seagulls softly calls.
In search of their evening meal.
The castle stands firmly.
And secrets keep quiet-
In their walls...
To his vision of beauty,
He vows it his duty,
Her time to be adored...
Tonight, they lie on rosepetals.
But then comes the morning,
And he'll slip away,
Off to war...
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brittany by the Sea by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra