Drug induced sleep
Deceives watching eyes
Gathered around the dying bed
that you pass peacefully into oblivion.
No blaze of glory, no glorious end,
No stampeding hooves
Over the horizon hammering
Clear into history.
You died alone. Each alone
we suffer what we cannot share,
we endure until the moment cracks
and the will slips through.
All that remains is the mourners grief,
The anguish, the vacant loss,
The darkness out side the curtained window;
the cold enduring night.
K.C. Ford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (T.H by K.C. Ford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- July 31,2014, Erica Borges
- Where Did It Go To?, Brian Johnston
- The Unapologetic Apology To My Mother (A.., Maurice Harris
- she is fading and then the night swallow.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Everything is yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Leg Of A Lamb, Saiom Shriver
- A Task To Master, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Find Me, Amanda Houston
- looking at the universe in our very call.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Forging On..., David Lessard