U Win Kyi
Taiwan Typhoon Fanapi
causing damages too many
in Taiwan southern city.
Thousands of houses and cars,
submerged under water,
causing loss of millions of dollars.
At the peak of typhoon,
the mayor was resting and napping at her home.
None dared to call her by telephone.
At a stray dog shelter
so busy was a teacher,
evacuating the dogs from rising water.
He put the dogs at a higher place.
The down-pouring rain and strong wind, he lonely braved.
For 2 nights, he was with 400 dogs he saved.
He ate dog food to relieve his hunger.
To quench his thirst, he drank rain water.
He is a real dog-lover.
Sleeping mayor and dog-saving teacher.
One is loser, the other is role model.
U Win Kyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Taiwan Typhoon Fanapi by U Win Kyi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar