Thanksgiving Came Early
Thanksgiving came early
in the year twenty-o0one.
September 12th found me alive
as the world turned towards God.
'Family' found new meaning
in the face of monumental loss.
Millions reached out to pull
bloodied New Yorkers out of rubble.
A homeless citizen gave
out of his homeless pocket
and battle-scarred firefighters
were humbled beyond words.
Memories may fade, as old photos
yellow, sound bites dim,
but history will record our response
when Thanksgiving came early.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanksgiving Came Early by Rodney Reeves )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad