Thanksgiving Came Early
Thanksgiving came early
in the year twenty-o0one.
September 12th found me alive
as the world turned towards God.
'Family' found new meaning
in the face of monumental loss.
Millions reached out to pull
bloodied New Yorkers out of rubble.
A homeless citizen gave
out of his homeless pocket
and battle-scarred firefighters
were humbled beyond words.
Memories may fade, as old photos
yellow, sound bites dim,
but history will record our response
when Thanksgiving came early.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanksgiving Came Early by Rodney Reeves )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass
- The fog......., Marshall Gass
- silence, Marshall Gass
- Trauma, Marshall Gass
- Tequila and Temptation., Marshall Gass
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry