Sing soft. Sing loud. It remains so.
If the Lady lifts her hand, does the Beast speak petals...
With hand by her side, does the Beast speak dust...
For we all hear dust.
Do we ever hear petals?
Oh priest, what have you done by corrugating belief...
What have you done with the Garden?
The Lady spreads her robes, anointing the Beast
With female rust,
Soothing men and gods alike
With Floods of torchlit groves...
Fruit annihilates flowers that gave them life.
The pomegranate survived to destroy.
Oh priest, what have you done by castrating belief...
Why did you destroy the Garden
With scaled angels?
Listen softly. Hear loudly.
The Beast speaks petals
For the winds...
It remains so.
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...........................The Beast by elysabeth faslund )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah