The Beauty hour
Between the dark and the daylight,
As the stars begin to shower.
I close my eyes and dream.
Of the time with my little flower.
Now, in the future I see
A vision with radiant hair,
Anita Maria Lopez
A beauty.., oh so fair.
I feel my heart, it's pounding
I hear it, beat, beat, beat.
The sound of my soul she opened,
With a voice so soft and sweet.
A sudden rush from the past,
At her feet though I did fall,
My heart was left unguarded,
She entered my castle wall.
She climbs onto my turret,
I didn't have a prayer
If I try to escape, she surrounds me,
She seems to be everywhere.
She devours me with kisses,
Her arms about me entwine,
Her wily charms engulf me.
My future with her consigned.
Do you think, O fair skinned maiden,
Because you scaled my wall
Such an old mustache as I am
Is not a match for y'all?
A beauty from my distant past,
In my heart did she enthrall.
I whisper, then hear her silence,
As I begin to repair that wall.
I have you fast in my fortress,
And I will not let you depart,
But put you into the dungeon
In the round-tower of my heart.
And there will I keep you forever,
Yes, forever and a day,
Till the walls shall crumble to ruin,
And moulder in dust away!
Copyright © 2013 -
GJG Elton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Beauty hour by GJG Elton )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
- Jennifer Gordon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Black Riders Came From the Sea, Stephen Crane
Poem of the Day
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery