The Prankster Inside
Innocent, yet clever, a prankster was she,
a sweet little girl, with a fine pedigree.
Before first day of class, she was already scholared,
in arts of the prank, yet frequently collared;
mom’s heart filled with pride, though still had to holler.
When caught in the act, her innocence she claimed,
“I didn’t do it”, her impassion inflamed.
Then off she would go, with a smirk and a smile,
knowing full well, anew she would wile.
Alone with her thoughts, her mind would conceive,
the next misadventure and plot she would weave.
Down through the years, many pranks have transpired.
As life called her name, she did as required.
Yet, through it all, she lived life with zest,
and never allowed, her rascally to rest.
Adventures she’s had, a tireless traveler,
eventually becoming, a mystery unraveler,
digging through history, in faraway lands,
unearthing lost treasures, now buried in sand.
Proud of her, both, her mom and I say,
the prankster inside, remains to this day.
That sweet little girl, may still live within,
but look at those eyes, and mischievous grin…
Copyright © 2013 -
Topic of this poem: Daughter
GJG Elton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Prankster Inside by GJG Elton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second
- Beware, Tony md chamasense
- Longing., Jak Black
- Summer Nights, Deborah Ager
- The Old House, Paul Gerard Reed
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel