The Prankster Inside
Innocent, yet clever, a prankster was she,
a sweet little girl, with a fine pedigree.
Before first day of class, she was already scholared,
in arts of the prank, yet frequently collared;
mom’s heart filled with pride, though still had to holler.
When caught in the act, her innocence she claimed,
“I didn’t do it”, her impassion inflamed.
Then off she would go, with a smirk and a smile,
knowing full well, anew she would wile.
Alone with her thoughts, her mind would conceive,
the next misadventure and plot she would weave.
Down through the years, many pranks have transpired.
As life called her name, she did as required.
Yet, through it all, she lived life with zest,
and never allowed, her rascally to rest.
Adventures she’s had, a tireless traveler,
eventually becoming, a mystery unraveler,
digging through history, in faraway lands,
unearthing lost treasures, now buried in sand.
Proud of her, both, her mom and I say,
the prankster inside, remains to this day.
That sweet little girl, may still live within,
but look at those eyes, and mischievous grin…
Copyright © 2013 -
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Prankster Inside by GJG Elton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam