Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
The Beginning Of Spring (Sonnetina Uno)
The last winter chill is in the cold wind
and yet it’s the very first day of spring
with seedlings awakening from their deep sleep,
with fruit trees covered with their own buds
and as the weather goes the rain does fall
with the sweet smell of new life everywhere
and the sparrows, swallows, doves and weavers
are twittering as they frolic around
while the bees buzz from flower to flower
as fast as they open to the bright sun.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.