Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
The Better Of Expected Results
Or giving credence to hearsay...
Had not been my introduction,
To a way of life to leave me feeling...
Living it deluded would clear obstacles,
Off my path.
I will admit being stalled a few times,
Not intending to express empathy towards others.
There were many times I needed a warm shoulder,
Close with a hug to provide.
And remembering that,
Left me to sit and chat with those still deciding...
Whether keeping their delusions alive,
Or keeping it real to survive...
Would deliver to them the better of expected results.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.