The Child Beggar
'For the sake of God Babu Ji
Help me with 2 rupees',
Cries a child beggar,
'And live blessed for centuries! '
'You are too small', I said
`Should attend the school to learn instead.'
The child kept lingering by me insisted
To win the heart he well persuaded.
'How these wounds of burn on face,
And how your plight so poor and distress?
Tell me the name who did so with you',
As I guessed he was made an earning instrument in the case.
A long silence and about a burst of tide in eyes
Spoke more to guess and more to realize
But the burdened silence still haunting
Calling for passionate love to wipe his tears and his fear to paralyze.
So did I with the words humbler to melt
The heart-hidden secrets to outburst,
'Be sure my child', with a fifty rupee note in hand,
'I'll give you this and more and help you out from this world misery-built.'
Still silence but almost the burst of tide,
I patted on his back and made him sit by my side
To take him in my close confidence
And to know that threatening secret he was still trying to hide.
'Be quite out of fear my dear
Tell me the name of that cruel beer
Whosoever that devil be
Will sure be brought to the claws of law and an end to his crime-sphere.'
'I am hit for begging less
With a burning log that wounds my face
But thanks and keep with you your cash
How can I help imprisoned my father! ' bursting so he ran back.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Child Beggar by Vivek Tiwari )
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
- By The Thames as Late September Night Fa.., Shaun William Hayes
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lost Star, Rabindranath Tagore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)