Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( The Dare)))
In the cold of morn
Silence snuggles up close
Stillness refuels itself
And emptiness takes the wheel
Minding the wild curves?
Of lesser roads taken...
Riding the curbs of human natures handiwork?
One split second away...!
From a disaster?
Playing russian roulette...
Behind oh so long held breaths...
Alas, turning blue waiting for you...
Remembering what you said...
'I'll be seeing you'
But don't hold your breath;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( The Dare))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- pray to me, tara mahdavi
- pray, tara mahdavi
- Shame, gajanan mishra
- Wisdom and Sacrifice, Steven Rhoads
- The Twilight Zone, Neela Nath
- Greedy Thoughts, Tony Adah
- To do the needful, gajanan mishra
- If truth can have, hasmukh amathalal
- I didn't go on the internet this morning, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Government: We Deserve, douglas scotney