Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( The Dare)))
In the cold of morn
Silence snuggles up close
Stillness refuels itself
And emptiness takes the wheel
Minding the wild curves?
Of lesser roads taken...
Riding the curbs of human natures handiwork?
One split second away...!
From a disaster?
Playing russian roulette...
Behind oh so long held breaths...
Alas, turning blue waiting for you...
Remembering what you said...
'I'll be seeing you'
But don't hold your breath;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( The Dare))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra