The Deceiving Sun
The sun looks deceivingly warm, when I’m at home,
But the cold wind outside, chills me to the very bone.
In the bright sunshine, I thought that I would bake,
But it’s freezing, and my poor fingers actually ache.
I left my jacket back at home, hung there on its peg.
For the sun to warm my frozen soul, I now do beg.
I think I will seriously have to consider my attire,
If warmth is what I seek, and is what I really desire.
The sun’s glare is so bright, and almost blinding;
Way too bright for my eyes, I am now finding.
I put on my sunglasses, to stop the sun’s glare.
The wild wind blows, and roughly ruffles my hair.
Inwardly, my nerves sense the chill, and they shiver.
Outwardly, my body can’t help, but give a slight quiver.
Only a few days previous, the weather was really hot;
There was so much warmth in the sun: now, there’s not.
I can feel the wicked wind’s powerful force;
It pushes against me, and slows my course.
The freezing wind relentlessly blows in my face.
I’m keen to escape it, and now quicken my pace.
Finally, I reach home, and switch on the heat;
I feel the warmth return to my fingers and feet.
From the wind’s relentless pounding, I’m finally free.
I snuggle down on the sofa, with a nice mug of hot tea.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Deceiving Sun by Angela Wybrow )
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
- Dream liner, Stephen Brian Brady
- peeping Tom, lee fones
- pension scheme, lee fones
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)