The Elegiac Heaney Sleeps Now!
After having poured forth the poetic art,
experiencing the conflicting feeling all inside,
having the hand on a note of hope,
adorning the literary canvas by the sound strokes
of lyrical beauty and deep critiques,
listening to the sounds of nature with a greedy ear,
mourning many a dear partings in profound elegies;
after having celebrated the beauty, and the intensity
of the earthly existence,
justifying every beat of his heart,
the dear poet's eyes are closed for the world
in hope to watch more wonders to ensue after death...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
may his soul rest in peace! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Irish writer and poet, who won the 1995 Nobel Prize in Literature, died on Friday,30th August,2013...at the age of 74...
when asked about his abiding interest in creating the memorials and death-poems, he replied, 'The Elegiac Heaney? There's nothing else! '
Comments about this poem (The Elegiac Heaney Sleeps Now! by Shahzia Batool )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Human Family, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul