My Scattered Thoughts i
Did I ever say I'm always right when I never was?
Should I blame others when I could not understand myself?
I'm a piece of jigsaw puzzle
which can never fit into any frame.
I don't know why do I always get failed in telling what I feel…
Am I wrong if I wish to be liked for what I am,
And not for what you like me to be?
Why do I excommunicate myself
when get angry with the world?
Am I the criminal most wanted,
or the hated judge though I never did crime or passed any judgement?
God! Save me from my getting lost in the dark…
Would it be difficult for me to get rid of the pain that lasts,
The thing that hurts,
The flame that burns?
I am neither Cleopatra nor the queen-bee,
But why then when no cries were heard
And no blood was spilled
Even then the soul got crucified?
The cemetery is the peacefullest place I've ever seen
With so much life
Lying scattered, entombed…
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Long before I've left the deception of knowing myself! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Scattered Thoughts i by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam