My Scattered Thoughts i
Did I ever say I'm always right when I never was?
Should I blame others when I could not understand myself?
I'm a piece of jigsaw puzzle
which can never fit into any frame.
I don't know why do I always get failed in telling what I feel…
Am I wrong if I wish to be liked for what I am,
And not for what you like me to be?
Why do I excommunicate myself
when get angry with the world?
Am I the criminal most wanted,
or the hated judge though I never did crime or passed any judgement?
God! Save me from my getting lost in the dark…
Would it be difficult for me to get rid of the pain that lasts,
The thing that hurts,
The flame that burns?
I am neither Cleopatra nor the queen-bee,
But why then when no cries were heard
And no blood was spilled
Even then the soul got crucified?
The cemetery is the peacefullest place I've ever seen
With so much life
Lying scattered, entombed…
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Long before I've left the deception of knowing myself! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Scattered Thoughts i by Shahzia Batool )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edward Kofi Louis
(13th October 1961)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- They die before you do., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Witch Romance, Alexander Onoja
- The safe ground, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Old age gripping, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Your Warmth 2, Michael P. McParland
- The Zulu King, Margaret Alice Second
- I Love Life, Alfred Oyori
- Silence, ashi singh
- Tales Of A Wife: Gillie, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- My Conscience Leads Me On, Tony Adah