The Enemy in the Mirror
We looked in the mirror, saw the enemy but he was disguised,
We cancelled hanging killers long ago and who was surprised?
Without referendums our politicians can do what they like,
Political correctness gone mad though we surely dislike.
We seem helpless in the face of refugees coming in old ships,
Sent the navy out to help them finish the long dangerous trips,
As though we had an obligation not to rock their boat,
And invite other refugees and anyone else they promote.
As we demonstrate a complete lack of leadership all around,
Can't stop a million or two illegal refugees inbound,
Used to counteract the abortions and increase population,
And none of this is mentioned in any of our education.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Enemy in the Mirror by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas
- Let Us Return To The Country Of Clouds, mary douglas
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai