The Enemy in the Mirror
We looked in the mirror, saw the enemy but he was disguised,
We cancelled hanging killers long ago and who was surprised?
Without referendums our politicians can do what they like,
Political correctness gone mad though we surely dislike.
We seem helpless in the face of refugees coming in old ships,
Sent the navy out to help them finish the long dangerous trips,
As though we had an obligation not to rock their boat,
And invite other refugees and anyone else they promote.
As we demonstrate a complete lack of leadership all around,
Can't stop a million or two illegal refugees inbound,
Used to counteract the abortions and increase population,
And none of this is mentioned in any of our education.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Enemy in the Mirror by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno
- without tears, RIC S. BASTASA
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji