Marvin Brato Sr
' The Family Life'
Family is a basic unit in society
created through love and integrity
nowadays families are breaking apart
one can predicts the demise such part.
Family today is loaded with adversities
frustrations emanate from social difficulties
lack of job security, or single-parent dilemmas
imminent divorce breaks troubled families in mass.
The origin of marriage had exalted family union
the Creator of humanity declared such dominion
'What God has put together let no man put asunder'
humans were created to glorify the Creator yonder.
God had brought Adam and Eve in harmony
'husband and wife should stick in matrimony
the pursuit of life-styles violate the accord
violates the standard set by the Almighty Lord!
Greed for material things are the worse single threat
to family life because it gets in destroys relationships
drains most family of quality time, and innate camaraderie
if only God is made the center in the family there shall glory!
Marvin Brato Sr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' The Family Life' by Marvin Brato Sr )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Deepavu Ninnade.. Gaaliyu Ninnade.., K. S. Narasimhaswamy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable