M.D Dinesh Nair
THE GIRL WHO LOVED HER OWN SHADOW
The girl who loved her own shadow
Once had a nightmare for all times.
She saw in it boys and men without shadows at all!
They were men indeed.
Men with muscles and moustaches as ever
But none had a shadow of their own!
Her father and brother were there
They too had no shadows of any size!
Scared and doomed she was
As she saw that her mother and elder sister
Too had either no shadows or they were very short!
But she saw her own shadow close to herself!
As the nightmare ended, she was seen
Lying in the flood of sweat.
But as she opened the window and she saw another sky
And her sun of resolution was there alone.
She walked along the gravel track
And saw and felt somebody following close to her.
It was her own shadow, another self of tall heights.
She was the first girl who loved her own shadow.
Look back never!
A shadow may be or may not be there.
Sleep not ever!
A dream and a nightmare chase us ever.
First submitted: Sunday, October 21,2012
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE GIRL WHO LOVED HER OWN SHADOW by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmai Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar