M.D Dinesh Nair
THE GIRL WHO LOVED HER OWN SHADOW
The girl who loved her own shadow
Once had a nightmare for all times.
She saw in it boys and men without shadows at all!
They were men indeed.
Men with muscles and moustaches as ever
But none had a shadow of their own!
Her father and brother were there
They too had no shadows of any size!
Scared and doomed she was
As she saw that her mother and elder sister
Too had either no shadows or they were very short!
But she saw her own shadow close to herself!
As the nightmare ended, she was seen
Lying in the flood of sweat.
But as she opened the window and she saw another sky
And her sun of resolution was there alone.
She walked along the gravel track
And saw and felt somebody following close to her.
It was her own shadow, another self of tall heights.
She was the first girl who loved her own shadow.
Look back never!
A shadow may be or may not be there.
Sleep not ever!
A dream and a nightmare chase us ever.
First submitted: Sunday, October 21,2012
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE GIRL WHO LOVED HER OWN SHADOW by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
- child full of love, Miss. Tanease Berry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(18 November 1939)