M.D Dinesh Nair
THE GIRL WHO LOVED HER OWN SHADOW
The girl who loved her own shadow
Once had a nightmare for all times.
She saw in it boys and men without shadows at all!
They were men indeed.
Men with muscles and moustaches as ever
But none had a shadow of their own!
Her father and brother were there
They too had no shadows of any size!
Scared and doomed she was
As she saw that her mother and elder sister
Too had either no shadows or they were very short!
But she saw her own shadow close to herself!
As the nightmare ended, she was seen
Lying in the flood of sweat.
But as she opened the window and she saw another sky
And her sun of resolution was there alone.
She walked along the gravel track
And saw and felt somebody following close to her.
It was her own shadow, another self of tall heights.
She was the first girl who loved her own shadow.
Look back never!
A shadow may be or may not be there.
Sleep not ever!
A dream and a nightmare chase us ever.
First submitted: Sunday, October 21,2012
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE GIRL WHO LOVED HER OWN SHADOW by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA