The girl who smiles
The same girl who laughs and talks a lot and
seems very happy is also the girl who may cry herself to sleep...
A smile is a cheer from you that makes that girl happy.
when you gladden her...
and make her happy when she is mad!
Blessing will always remain..
but the smile you bring to her face...
brings her immense happiness.
Keep smiling and always remember to be humble.
No matter how grouchy you're feeling,
You'll find the smile more or less healing.
It grows in a wreath...all around the front teeth -
Thus preserving the face from congealing
Maanasa Bhaskar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The girl who smiles by Maanasa Bhaskar )
- Curse of the Burning Witch, David McLansky
- Kindly spare us, hasmukh amathalal
- " Change " it's our aspiration!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Women, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Desire, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You, Melika Gillard
- Firaq yar ko dagha..., Azhar Sabri
- Save Mother!, tolu ogundare
- சின்னச் சின்ன பையா வா!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Infinite journey., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Robert Louis Stevenson
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
Dr PJ Raj Kamal