The girl who smiles
The same girl who laughs and talks a lot and
seems very happy is also the girl who may cry herself to sleep...
A smile is a cheer from you that makes that girl happy.
when you gladden her...
and make her happy when she is mad!
Blessing will always remain..
but the smile you bring to her face...
brings her immense happiness.
Keep smiling and always remember to be humble.
No matter how grouchy you're feeling,
You'll find the smile more or less healing.
It grows in a wreath...all around the front teeth -
Thus preserving the face from congealing
Maanasa Bhaskar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The girl who smiles by Maanasa Bhaskar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- animals, camila salaverria
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- My Classroom, shivani pillai