The Hardiest Shall Adhere
All for but a few,
death is a foe!
but don't they know?
He can't be slayed…
or beaten like a dragon.
Yes, he may be returned to his cave.
But, expectant or not…?
he'll return with his fieriest flames.
'Then like a mahogany tree in autumns fall…
even they the hardiest shall adhere to his call'.
Pent with an Acers leafy fire…?
Even they into all His glory then expire!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hardiest Shall Adhere by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am ok as I am, Tim Holmes Jr
- Raindrops - Greek Version, Elia Michael
- Did Jesus Make Love?, Monk E. Biz
- Darkness and Light, Terrance Tracy
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES من بطون الايام, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hide and sick play, gajanan mishra
- Hide and sick, gajanan mishra
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It is better to write a poem, gajanan mishra
- Years are fine, Cigeng Zhang