Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) (16 November / Westport New Zealand)
The Iliad Odyssey: The Summary Of A Man
Odysseus indeed in spoils of war
with cunning brave heart, cleverly won,
many a fair desirable noble women
while his wife loyally waited, on Ithaca,
for warrior hero's fleet bloodied blade
in the hand of a Hellene king in duress,
foremost ever in corpse reaping battle
renowned for guile deceit resourcefulness,
will storm many fortified rampart hearts
enchant many fair young, innocent maids,
before finally ends an epic tragic Odyssey
decade upon a decade in event, laden journey,
for renown upon renown in famed Trojan War
an epic travails in trials score upon score
as virile Odysseus tries to spoils laden return fara
reassert his place as rightful king of Ithaca.
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Poet Other Poems
- ‘Cubism’ Picasso
- “I Am Not A Terrorist” Sarah Palin
- 2008 Wall Street Crash
- 2011 Global Fish Extinction Crisis
- 2012 Austerity Keeps Spreading
- 22 Feb Not Saying Much Yet
- 22feb Universal SMS I Am Ok
- 23 Feb DAWN
- 23feb Dust Motes Settling Dust
- 23feb Earth Swells Into National Cry Mou...
- 23feb Many Miracles Near Misses
- 23feb Wait For Last Miracles Last Pocket...
- 23feb Which Is Worst?
- 23feb10 The Day After: Garden City
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.