Charmed by the way one day his smile would light
Her heart she felt she’d melt, no need to hide,
Emotions swirled, unfurled her flag to guide
Reality at ease, no tease, star bright.
Years waiting, tears, fears, weight dissolved on sight,
Love’s empathy, free flow, grow, coincide.
Completed! Interplay two way despite
Hurts from the past, at last cast out, defied
Extended hope for scope and pain denied
Relationship, trip Paradise, delight
Yearned long for, strong, true caring, true insight,
Left strife behind, mind heart reunified.
Contentment, meant by karma~conscient flight,
Heard whispers free she’d felt before, did glide
Ecstatic dreamed, together teamed inside,
Rode fond beyond all distance to unite
Yin, Yang in harmony, dual calm-exite,
Lotus flower somehow personified.
Cheered by his aid, shades left behind, all right,
Her heart could chart fresh start, bona fide
Extended through true timelessness worldwide.
Response-attraction no reaction trite
Yielded here to fear too much delight,
Lost face, trapped by temptation’s easy ride.
Confusion faded. Fusion day and night
Held sway, with playfulness sat side by side
Enthralled in all, soul whole, and rectified
Regrets once known, rewriting page once white,
Yet seeming torn, forlorn, with an invite
Letting serenity return, turn tide.
Collision none indeed did need, no fight
Here interfered with harmony or lied.
Ee’r voice for choice rejoiced in knots untied,
Release, and peace, accepted, shared, no rite
Yet deep, to keep although unquantified,
Love to CHERish, ever to abide.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The[ir] Way by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Kaalchakra, The Wheel of Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Moon Spoke to Me, Michael Mira
- Sinkin' boat, Aftab Alam
- Alesha the Cat, Steve Kittell
- Heart Broke, Vijaya mam
- Perhaps I'll See You, Abu Tammam
- A Back Seat, Elia Michael
- Love shall stand, hasmukh amathalal
- Female Author, Sylvia Plath
- Dirge For A Joker, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)