The Kind of Day when Violins Play
Clouds made up of sounds of violins, the white clouds that seldom move, if you stare for days.
The birds that never seem to look angry, even as the crows, eat their own friendships.
The kind of day when the sky, looks like a flying ocean, and you want to jump up into it, not realising that you cannot fly upside down.
When the monsoon is barley a problem, because you like the look of the rain anyway, because it looks like sunrays, sunrays from the sky.
The kind of day when the trees hardly seem to sway, even if there was a tornado, you'd refuse to run away.
And the crickets that you hear, as you walk across a field, are not crickets on a field but,
angles in a jungle.
When the earth moves and makes you dizzy, when you lay on the ground, and a tear falls down your face, that tastes of sugar and not salt.
The day when the hypocrites, never will seem right, because in your heart you know why, the storm that is supposed to look black, somehow to you today is looking bright.
That day when the music that usually makes you cry, is sweetening up your day,
because the tears are not stinging anymore, because they are happy- tasting-sweet.
Rebecca Stansfield's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Kind of Day when Violins Play by Rebecca Stansfield )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All Things will Die, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Innocent Wishes, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Come And See II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Office, orifice!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Like A Baby, Edward Kofi Louis
- Tears Of Love II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pumpkin Pie, Ima Ryma
- '' Even Animals Look After Their Own '', bri mar
- With The Works Of Your Hands, Edward Kofi Louis
- On Earth Humans, Sari Mavi
- Being Exposed, Edward Kofi Louis