M.D Dinesh Nair
THE LAMBS ON THE ROAD
The lambs on the road were dismayed
Bleating all along they wandered
There lay the slain shepherd
The sun descended.
A flock lost!
The new sky was cast ever clouded
The men from the East never frowned
Their wisdom was long before eroded
And their return was irredeemably abandoned.
A nightmare unveiled!
The lambs still bleated along the road winding
They were to reach a peak triumphing.
The shepherd was thenceforth forgotten for ever!
And the bleating had given way for a shout of joy before.
An euphoria unyielding!
The bleating music has been on and on
The shepherd has somewhere been laid to rest.
The new shepherd first looks around and up on the peak.
But there is no road descending from atop
A truth spoken!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE LAMBS ON THE ROAD by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan